Chicago Wrongful Death Lawyers
There is nothing that compares to the pain of losing a loved one. The death of a family member has been said to be the death of that family, with a new, different family left in its wake. When death occurs unexpectedly as the result of another’s reckless or negligent actions, it makes matters even worse for surviving family members and friends. At Dwyer & Coogan, P.C., we know the devastation a tragedy like this can cause in every area of your life. Our Chicago wrongful death lawyers have more than 80 years of combined experience. We are dedicated to providing caring, compassionate support for your family in addition to the aggressive legal representation you need to hold responsible parties accountable.
Accidents can happen in a variety of situations, and the injuries victims suffer as a result can be severe. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in the United States each year.
While often unintentional, when these injuries are the result of reckless actions on the part of others, the lawyers of Dwyer & Coogan, P.C. work to hold those responsible for your loved one’s death accountable, so you can get the compensation your family needs to recover. Wrongful death cases we represent often involve the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians
- Fatal slip and fall injuries, along with other types of premises liability claims
- Work related accidents and occupational illnesses
- Deaths due to defective and dangerous products
- Medical malpractice claims, in which medical errors may have contributed to your loved one’s death
- Nursing neglect due to malnutrition, failure to administer medication, and failure to properly care for residents with mobility challenges
When these types of situations leave your family heartbroken and struggling to understand what happened, Dwyer & Coogan, P.C., acts as a strong legal advocate on your behalf. Our wrongful death attorneys get justice for victims while defending your family’s rights.
When a loved one dies unexpectedly, it leaves the rest of the family in turmoil. In addition to your sense of loss and grief, there are practical matters to consider as well. Under the Illinois Statutes, the Wrongful Death Act provides a way to hold at fault parties accountable for their actions, while ensuring you and your loved ones are provided for financially in the future. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of funeral expenses
- Payment of outstanding medical debts
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income you are likely to suffer
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and the loss of enjoyment in life caused by your loved one’s death
We know that no amount of money can ease your suffering during this difficult time. However, a wrongful death claim can help ensure you are provided for in the years to come in a way your loved one would have wanted.
Contact Us Today for Help
When it comes to you and your loved ones, the team at Dwyer & Coogan, P.C. is dedicated to defending your rights and protecting your best interests. Contact our Chicago wrongful death lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.