Chicago Truck Accident Lawyers
At Dwyer & Coogan, P.C., our Chicago truck accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims of truck accidents get back on their feet. We have successfully helped many clients and their families across the state of Illinois. To learn more about our services, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
- There are often more than two parties involved and potentially at-fault (owners, drivers, manufacturers, etc.).
- The injuries can be more severe—particularly if a truck hits a regular, small car.
- The trucking companies often have many resources (including insurance companies) available to fight potential claims.
- Trucks record more sophisticated computer data regarding crash conditions and the truck’s systems at the time of the crash.
- There are separate state and federal regulations that apply to trucks and corresponding employee requirements which, if violated, must be taken into account in any related legal claim.
The bottom line is that these cases can be more stressful and more challenging to obtain justice in court. Speaking with an experienced truck accident attorney is the right place to start.
Specifically, truck accident laws apply to:
- Hours of service for drivers
- Commercial driver licensing and commercial motor vehicles licensing
- Who ensures the safe operation of commercial vehicles on Illinois’ roadways
- Commercial vehicle size, length and weight standards
- Regulations surrounding the transport of hazardous materials
- Standards that apply to trucks and trailers equipped with air brake systems
- Regulations for the condition and maintenance of the tractor and the trailer
Here is an example of a truck accident case that Dwyer & Coogan worked on:
Our team has drafted several blog posts to provide further insight into the issue of truck accidents. Explore the posts below, and get in touch with any questions.
Truck Accident Statistics
Approximately half a million truck accidents occur on U.S. roads in any given year. In this post, we present some truck accident statistics as well as some information on what to do in the event of an accident. Read post.
Illinois Truck Weight Laws
In addition to federal trucking regulations, Illinois truckers are bound by state laws. Trucking regulations are put in place to protect both the driver and other individuals on the road. Read post.
Average Settlement For A Truck Accident
We have successfully helped countless victims and their loved ones navigate the complex claims process, negotiate with insurers, and, when necessary, fight their cases in court. Learn more about the average settlement for a truck accident and what factors can impact your case. Read post.
A Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important things our Chicago truck accident attorneys can do for you is to level the playing field. We can do this by assembling a legal team to protect your interests in the same way that the defendant parties have likely already disseminated teams of investigators in an attempt to mitigate the companies’ liability in the accident.
We know how injuries can impact both you and your family. Our primary purpose is to obtain justice for you and your loved ones. We can help you get the compensation you deserve and help see that your rights are protected. We welcome the opportunity to consult with you and discuss your options. Contact our accident attorneys today.