Chicago Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are among the most painful and potentially life-threatening types of injuries. They often require extensive medical care and treatment while leaving you with permanent physical and emotional scars. At Dwyer & Coogan, P.C., we understand the devastating impact these injuries can have on every area of your life. While you focus on your recovery, our Chicago burn injury lawyer will focus on getting you the compensation you need for the medical costs, lost wages, and other losses you suffer.
At Dwyer & Coogan, P.C., we have more than 80 years of combined experience representing the rights of injured people throughout the Chicago area. When it comes to burn injuries, the damages you suffer are likely to be severe. You may require months of hospitalization as you undergo painful medical procedures while facing the prospect of permanent disabilities.
According to the American Burn Association (ABA), nearly 500,000 people suffer burn injuries each year. As dedicated Chicago burn injury lawyers, we represent those who have suffered serious burns as the result of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents, involving contact with spilled fluids and hot engine parts
- Work related accidents, caused by contact with electrical currents, harsh chemicals, radiation, or other toxic substances
- Defective products, involving loose wiring, overheated surfaces, and sudden flames or explosions
- Commercial and residential fires, caused by the negligence of property owners
- Construction Site injuries, including work with electrical equipment or exposed wires or electrical leads
In any of the above cases, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses and future expenses through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
The Mayo Clinic advises that you should never attempt to treat any type of burn injury on your own. Instead, they recommend that you seek medical attention from your doctor or the nearest hospital emergency room. Even a seemingly minor accident can leave you with permanent scars and disfigurement, while more severe burns can result in potentially fatal infections.
At Dwyer & Coogan, P.C., our burn injury attorneys provide the strong legal representation you need to protect your rights to compensation in these types of cases. The total amount you may be entitled to in a burn injury claim depends on the circumstances and the severity of the injuries you suffer. Burn injuries are classified under the following categories:
- First degree burns: These are more minor injuries that primarily impact the outer layer of the skin
- Second degree burns: These impact both the outer and inner layers of skin, resulting in blisters and potentially permanent scarring
- Third degree burns: These are among the most serious types of burns, penetrating deep within the skin and impacting underlying nerves, muscles, and body organs
Get Help With Your Case
Even minor burns have the potential to significantly impact your daily life for years to come. Dwyer & Coogan, P.C. provides the professional legal guidance and aggressive representation needed as you recover. Contact our Chicago burn injury lawyers, and request a free consultation to see how we can help you today.